1. The Cowboy 227R leather sewing machine is capable of sewing up to 3/8" of leather, webbing, or denim, with up to #207 bonded nylon or polyester thread;
2. The machine has a 10 1/2 inch long cylinder arm (a.k.a: free arm) and uses the same multitudinous and inexpensive needles and presser feet as the Singer 111w155, Consew 227R and most other walking foot machines;
3. The throat cover plate is cut off close to the left end of the arm, allowing you to sew gussets and other projects that have narrow flanges (with narrow feet);
4. You can let shaped items hang down and sew along the back, very close to the edge;
5. The 227R features a forward/reverse stitch length lever, which you pull down to back tack to lock your stitches;
6. The positive compound feed is performed by a combination of a bottom feed dog, timed with a moving needle and moving inside presser foot;
7. Robust construction, CowBoy 227R heavier than any other similar machine in the market;
8. Low price, low operation cost;
9. Fully belt cover for safety sewing operation.
For sewing the edges of belts, straps, pancake holsters, shaped and round cases, purses, hats and caps, handbags, wallets, backpacks, saddle bags, motorcycle seats, concealed gun holsters, animal harnesses, leashes and collars, concealed gun holsters, nylon webbing tow ropes, rifle slings and heavy garments (like jeans) and even for installing zippers.